Friday, November 1, 2013

More time to write

Things have been changing around here so much since August.  We had so many weeks off during the school summer holidays thinking that William and I were both returning to the same Montessori school.  Then we had sad news that there was not going to be a job for me there.  No job means no money and no money means no way of paying for William's tuition fees.  William and I thought we'd found the answer at a different Montessori school with a place for us both.  Unfortunately the school turned out to be anything other than a Montessori school and seven weeks later William and I said goodbye.
After a couple of weeks of William and I at home, which I really don't mind as we get along really well, we had an amazing offer to return to our original school.  But the best part about my new role at the school is I only need to be there two hours a day, leaving time on my own to think, to read, to research and to write.
There's a library close by, quite areas in the school to sit and work and the school is located next to a beautiful park.
I'm so excited with our change in routine and selfishly grateful of tons of extra time to work on the book.  At the moment I' feel like I'm just playing at being a writer.  When I talk to friends I feel like a fake, maybe because there's still a part of me that doesn't believe I can do it!  I have so much self doubt and I'm overwhelmed about how much I need to learn, but I'm sure after a week or two of alone time to work I'll feel much better....I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment