Thursday, November 14, 2013

I'll have the fruit cup, some tea and a new friend, please!

Its amazing the people you meet when you need them. I'm back at Bagel Boys, which is turning into my regular place of work, and I start talking to the lady behind me. I've seen her sitting in her'office' before, typing away with her net book and coffee. 
She's a marketing writer for large companies and was explaining how to platform, which is what I've just been reading about in '2014 Children's Writers and Illustrators Market'.  It's a little confusing and overwhelming for me but she had some great ideas about blog writing and researching.  
She's so inspiring and I'm grateful for her time and advice.  I was looking for answers in the book but sometimes the walls go up regarding creativity and you're stuck. She taught me in a few words and a few minutes to be free from rules. No one can tell my story...only me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment