Friday, November 15, 2013

Am I old?

William, who is nearly five, and I were driving to school this morning taking our regular route. We're almost at the school when we pass a senior living place. William, from the back seat, reads the name of the home. "Mommy", says William, "Have we been there before?" 
"No, we haven't", I reply. I then explain to William who may need to live there and why.
"Sometimes old people need help with getting dressed, walking around or cooking for themselves" I say. 
"But you can't cook, Mommy. You need to live there!" 
"But it's for old people", I say.  
"You ARE old!", says William, trying to figure it out. 
Age is a funny thing. I don't feel old, yet after I dropped William off at school it happened. I drove to Goodwill, which is about five minutes drive from the school, to check out their books. I got back into the car with my treasures and started off back to Bagel Boys....which normally is on the way back to school. But it wasn't today.  I found myself passing neighborhoods, shops and roads that I hadn't seen before. I was lost!  We've been living in this area since 2002 and I was lost!  How could that be? Maybe William is right. Maybe I'm getting old and need to be moved into a senior living home before I get lost again. I had to pull into a car park and ask Siri "Where am I?"  
So you'll be happy to know that I'm typing this from Bagel Boys and I'm safe and sound. Have a great and safe weekend everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment